2005-04-15

Giving up



Okay, I've been sitting here trying to this of something remotely useful about CAD to talk about today... but, I've got to admit defeat... It is a gorgeous spring day here in St. Louis... and I really cannot concentrate on anything right now except trying to figure out how to seriously injure myself because the ER has a much better view of Forest Park than my office does... 
I'm resisting the urge to go for a walk during this, my lunch hour, because I know I won't be able to force myself to return to the confines of my little brick prison. ~sigh~

I'm working on an outline for a big presentation that I have coming up next month.

Basically, I am supposed to talk about the future of electronic data/AM/FM/CAFM, etc here at my facility. In essence, it will be a run-down of the way we (read: I) do things now, and how we could improve processes, add services, and otherwise plan for the future.

Last year I was really frustrated with my workload, and took the initiative to write a concise report detailing how far I've brought my position and processes, things that are still sub-par, and a proposal of how to fix it.

That was really fun for me, actually, as much as I love research and telling people what they're doing wrong. ;) A portion of this report was spent on job descriptions, because, honestly, I can't do all of the things that someone in my position could be doing in order to make things work properly around here.

The only problem being, of course, that no one wants to add full-time employees... especially not 4 additional skilled technical employees in a department that does not really have a revenue stream (such as one of the patient care areas here in the hospital).

So, I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. I don't really want to have to speak in front of these people, but, I am really happy with the fact that my boss and the director were so impressed by my findings/report/goals/methods, etc, that they want me to share them with the administration.

Enough waffling from me... back to _ork...

No comments: