2006-07-25

The coolest artist ever

After checking out a cool link posted by Robin Capper, I remembered my favorite artist, and how, when I'd finish classwork ahead of the other caddies-to-be, I would attempt to replicate his work in AutoCAD.

MC ESCHER. I have always been fascinated by his work. I could stare at any one of his drawings for hours at a time without getting bored. You can find the official website with information about mr. escher here: http://www.mcescher.com/ (you can also order prints and other collectibles featuring his artwork). Following is a snippet from his biography...

Maurits Cornelis Escher (1898-1972) is one of the world's most famous graphic artists. His art is enjoyed by millions of people all over the world, as can be seen on the many web sites on the internet.

He is most famous for his so-called impossible structures, such as Ascending and Descending, Relativity, his Transformation Prints, such as Metamorphosis I, Metamorphosis II and Metamorphosis III, Sky & Water I or Reptiles.

But he also made some wonderful, more realistic work during the time he lived and traveled in Italy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Patricks
3D DWF "Le triangle impossible" which is very Escher.

Shaan has it on his blog:

http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2004/08/a_really_cool_3.html

Anonymous said...

Maybe this link will work,

Shaan has it on his blog:

Between the Lines: A Really Cool 3D DWF File! "Le triangle impossible"

Mistress of the Dorkness said...

Oh! Thanks for the reminder, I did see that and was suitably impressed. Neat stuff!