2007-01-09

AUGI 2006 Salary Survey published in AUGIWorld

Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for.
BLAUGI has just posted that the January/February issue of AUGIWorld magazine is now available for download.

This issue contains a lot of great articles, as usual, but, this month is special because it contains the results of the Annual Salary Survey as well as a great article from CAD Manager, Mark Kiker, on how to ask for a raise! Could this be any more perfect?

So, I hope you like the changes I've made to the typical AUGIWorld spread this year. This article not only gives the normal rundown on the membership, but, it also contains the average salary for every job title and the top ten industries! NOT ONLY THAT, you'll get a list of the average pay by years of experience and by level of education.

Really, I think there is so much great information contained in this year's article. As always, (AFTER YOU READ THE FAQ) feel free to send me any suggestions/comments at salarysurvey@augi.com (please check your spam bucket for a reply from me, this is an alias that goes to a yahoo hosted inbox).

If you were able to use the AUGI Annual Salary Survey to help secure a deserved raise, or if the results made you feel confident about your current earnings; drop me a line and let me know! I love to hear the good stuff!

I am still working on the additional results to be posted to the website. The first batch of documents posted will be individual pdf downloads for each Industry...

Aerospace
Architecture
Automotive
CAD
Chemical
Civil
Construction
Education/Training
Elecrical/electronics
Facilities Mgmt
Government
Interior Design
landscaping
Manufacturing
Mechanical (HVAC)
Medical
Mining
Petroleum/Gas
Sales/Marketing
Semiconductors
Shipbuilding
Software
Structural
Telecommunications
Tool/Die/Molding

Please, bear with me as I add the rest of these documents to the site. I am not an actuary (I just play one on AUGI), I'm actually using a spreadsheet to manually calculate and organize all of this data, and I apologize if it takes awhile.

After I get some more of these individual breakdowns done, I will be adding a comparison document like I did for the 2005 survey, showing how each job title/industry/gender ranks and will write some articles in AUGI Hotnews. (augi membership/free registration is required to navigate the site)

No comments: