Announcing Launch of Autodesk FMDesktop 7.1 Products
Autodesk® Facility Manager software brings drawings and data together in a way that gives users more information than stand-alone floor plans, databases, or spreadsheets. The open architecture in Autodesk Facility Manager software makes it flexible enough to meet the needs of the many disciplines involved in facility management.
The new release of Autodesk® FMDesktop™ software launches today, October 19, with enhancements to Autodesk Facility Manager software, including:
- Performance improvements that allow users to run reports faster
- New drawing viewer improvements
- More powerful .DWF import capabilities
Facility Manager 7.1 software users can now:
- Import asset information from CAD or BIM using the .DWF import wizard
- Receive instant audit reports of new, existing, or orphaned assets
- Share facility drawings and data with others who have the free Autodesk® Design Review viewer
The Autodesk FMDesktop 7.1 products are compatible with the 2008 versions of AutoCAD® and Revit® products.
I reported in a post this spring that the 2008 product compatibility was going to be released as a Hotfix eventually, but, it was apparently rolled into the new release instead.
Of course, you'll still be able to use it with older versions of AutoCAD, verticals, etc.